Sunday, June 1, 2014

♥ TOOTH FAIRY FAILS

As a nanny personality, I always wonder how in the world a parent can forget to do the "Tooth Fairy" thing.  Busy or not, losing a tooth is such a huge, important thing to a child, no mater how many times it happens.  The last is just as important as the first, I think.
OK, OK, before you hit that X and leave my page, let me finish ☺☺☺
It's easy for me to say something right?  I haven't had to keep up with these things time after time after time.  And that's just with the first kid...multiply that by 2, 3, or 4 more kids ??!!
I don't remember if this happened when I was a kid, but I don't think it did.  Want to know why?  In my day the tooth fairy brought us a quarter.  Not a dollar, or five dollars or even more than that.  I think even in a pinch, Mom was always able to scramble up a quarter.  I bet there were times when even that was an issue, but she always figured it out, or faked us out, which worked just as well.

I found a letter on Pinterest that I think deserves the Best Parent Imagination Award.  That's when I started to investigate how many other parents have had to deal with this problem.  Well, keep on reading, because it must happen pretty often.  Hope it gives you a chuckle ☺

Photo Credit

Photo Credit

This parent writes:
"Our tooth fairy's problem wasn't the lack of appropriate cash; it was her failure to show up for work on time (i.e., we would forget to make the swap once the toothless child was asleep)! So we told the kids, "Look, we're really sorry, but we had to fire the tooth fairy. She was too unreliable. So when you lose a tooth, just come to us for the cash. We'll take care of you." The kids thought it was hilarious that we fired our tooth fairy and they never had to be disappointed in the morning." Source


Photo Credit



NEXT POST:  THE KID'S PERSPECTIVE